This Page

has been moved to new address

Blast From The Past Series..... Part One

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Wired Imagination: Blast From The Past Series..... Part One

This Page

has been moved to new address

Blast From The Past Series..... Part One

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Wired Imagination: Blast From The Past Series..... Part One

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blast From The Past Series..... Part One

Some of you may know, I recently did a major revamp in my house, and moved my jewelry workspace into my "bird-room". In the process of organizing and moving everything, I ran across a lot of wire work pieces I hadn't seen in many years, and had forgotten all about.
That revamp lasted all of a month, and I had to rearrange it all again. You see my roommates' folks want to move down with us, so I gave them my bedroom, and moved my things into the bird-room...... not all that bad, the room is huge. In the process, I found more "antiques" :))

Most of the pieces I swore would never see the light of day again. Then I got to thinking of a lot of the new wire workers I've met over the years, and the comments I've heard. "Your work is great, I wish mine were that good." "I just make stuff for myself, it won't ever be good enough to show or sell." There have been oodles of other comments, but you get the idea.

I've decided that maybe showing some of my older pieces, wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. You see very few, if any, wire artists pop into existence fully skilled. I certainly didn't. My passion for wire started over 20 years ago, and continues to grow and develop everyday. So.... from time to time, as time allows (I'm probably already in hot water that the Cuffs and Vines tutorial isn't finished yet), I will photograph and post some pictures of my older work, in the hopes that maybe it will inspire a "newbie" wire artist with little self-confidence to keep working at their craft, and not get discouraged.
If wire is what you love, NEVER give up, no matter what. That's advice I'm going to follow for myself as well.

These are some of the very first pieces I did - over 20 years old for some of them. I haven't found the very first piece yet, but it's here somewhere :)) hideous, but it's here...... So far I've found more than 300 pieces - some of them I cringe when I look at them, but others not so much. There are even quite a few I plan on revisiting *grin*. Most of these I had no clue what I was doing. I'd sit at my bench many, many nights putting pliers to wire to see what I could come up with. I desperately wanted to learn wire wrapping, and since no one really taught it, I had to experiment on my own. The Labradorite pendant was what I felt was my first true "success", though I look at it now and cringe at the tool marks.

The Amethyst Crystal on the right side is from the first wire wrapping book I bought, about 1995, "Moods in Wire" by Ed Sinclair. It's an awesome book for beginners. Mr. Sinclair is a true Master in our field; is and always be my friend and idol :)).

I suppose I'd better get back to my tutorials - no rest the wicked......... :))

See ya soon....................
♥wrap happy,
♥Bobbi
http://facebook.com/BobbiMaw
http://facebook.com/MyWiredImagination
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." ~Albert Pine

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home